Environment and Sustainability
Although the electrical industry is generally considered as a ‘low-pollution’ industry, there are still a number of steps businesses in this industry can do to reduce their carbon footprint.
Reducing overall energy consumption, making sure any new work space built is developed to environmentally sustainable standards, decreasing water usage – all of these are ways to become sustainable and help the environment.
APEC Cables has undertaken numerous initiatives to minimise its impact including:
- Installing large water tanks and proper irrigation systems
- Recycling and reusing water whenever possible
- Maintaining and looking after machinery, replacing items when they are no longer energy efficient
- Ensuring all renovations and new buildings were developed to environmental sustainable standards
- Buying local materials to minimise energy consumption in the transport and delivery of goods
- Ensuring employees are well trained and retained whenever possible
- ISO and PCP accreditation
- Supporting the Australian industry to investigate new materials that are low halogen and moving towards becoming plastic free